Source: The Detroit News
The attorney for two Muslim teens attacked last month aboard a school bus is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to step in after Washtenaw County prosecutors decided not to file ethnic intimidation charges in the case.
The girl, 16, and her brother, 15, were attacked Sept. 8 after they left Skyline High School.
They said the incident began aboard a school bus and escalated after they got off the bus several blocks from their home.
The girl said a group of black teens removed her hijab, a traditional head scarf, and yelled ethnic slurs at her and her brother before punching her. The girl suffered a black eye and said she required stitches to the top of her head. Neither teen is being identified.