Source: The Associated Press
On July 18, 2006 The Associated Press reported, "A mosque complex bombed in December received a threatening phone call followed by shouted threats from men in cars, a local Muslim leader said.
A person who called the Islamic Association of Cincinnati around 5 p.m. Monday made threats against Muslims in general, said Karen Dabdoub, director of the Cincinnati office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. And before midnight, a car full of men warning they were 'going to bomb this place' drove through the parking lot behind the mosque, she said.
Dabdoub, also a member of the mosque, said security was increased but the building remained open for prayer.
Police said they have stepped up patrols of the area while investigating the telephone threat. Spokesman Lt. Tom Lanter didn't immediately have any information on Dabdoub's report of the men in a car. He also said no suspicious devices had been found at the site.
Special Agent Michael Brooks, an FBI spokesman, said agents were also investigating Tuesday... The association's complex was the site of two explosions Dec. 20. There were no injuries and the explosions caused only minor damage.
Brooks said the investigation of that bombing is continuing.
The day after the bombing, more than two dozen civic and religious leaders, including the mayor, the Roman Catholic archbishop and a rabbi gathered at the Islamic complex. A day later, people of all faiths attended a prayer vigil at the mosque complex.
Between 300 and 400 families attend the mosque, about a mile from the University of Cincinnati campus."