Paganism is an umbrella term used to describe a diverse group of Earth-based traditions. Many celebrate seasonal festivals, such as Beltane, with rituals like the Maypole.
- UPDATE: Council prayers will continue in wake of Wiccan invocation controversy
- Local Wiccan uninvited to give city council invocation due to ‘community fears’
WHNT News 19
- Wiccan says he was barred from giving invocation
- Australian witches celebrate Winter Solstice
Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Paganism—a term that encompasses a wide variety of Earth-based religions—has a distinct community in Greater Boston. Home to Celtic, Wiccan, Greek Reconstructionist, eclectic, and other pagan groups, Boston has a longstanding Pagan history. Salem’s historical connection to witchcraft has made it the modern-day locus of covens, activism for Witches’ rights, and other Pagan groups. Because of the stigma sometimes still attached to Pagan religions, many groups choose to keep their contact information, worship space, and membership information private.
Read full essay
- Essay: Paganism in Greater Boston
- Directory of Religious Centers
- On Common Ground: Introduction to Paganism