Paganism is an umbrella term used to describe a diverse group of Earth-based traditions. Many celebrate seasonal festivals, such as Beltane, with rituals like the Maypole.
- Twin Falls Woman Shares Wiccan Religion
- Imbolc 2014: Facts, Dates, Traditions And Rituals To Know
The Huffington Post
- Sikhs say Pentagon rules on religious attire don't go far enough
Religion News Service
- Pentagon OKs religious beards, attire
Al Jazeera America
Paganism—a term that encompasses a wide variety of Earth-based religions—has a distinct community in Greater Boston. Home to Celtic, Wiccan, Greek Reconstructionist, eclectic, and other pagan groups, Boston has a longstanding Pagan history. Salem’s historical connection to witchcraft has made it the modern-day locus of covens, activism for Witches’ rights, and other Pagan groups. Because of the stigma sometimes still attached to Pagan religions, many groups choose to keep their contact information, worship space, and membership information private.
Read full essay
- Essay: Paganism in Greater Boston
- Directory of Religious Centers
- On Common Ground: Introduction to Paganism