In Episode 3 Pluralism Project Research Associates Rachel Foran and Usra Ghazi discuss encounters of religion in healthcare. The first segment, presented by Cody Musselman, features OCG audio essays on Humanism as a belief system and Humanism in America today. In the second segment, Rachel and Usra, via On Common Ground, discuss hospitals in a new era. The final segment is a conversation with Wendy Cadge, professor of Sociology at Brandeis University and an affiliate of the Pluralism Project.
Read full transcript.
- Abu-Ras, Wahiba; Laird, Lance; Senzai, Farid. “A Window Into American Muslim Physicians: Civic Engagement and Community Participation.” Institute for Social Policy and Understanding. 2012.
- Cadge, Wendy. Paging God: Religion in the Halls of Medicine (Chicago: University of Chicago Press), 2013.
- Cadge, Wendy; Laird, Lance. “Caring for Our Neighbors: How Muslim Community-Based Health Organizations are Bridging the Healthcare Gap in America.” Institute for Social Policy and Understanding. 2008.
- Fadiman, Anne. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. (New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux), 2012 (1997).
- The Pluralism Project – Research Report: Death in Boston: Dying, Mourning, and Religious Difference (2014)
- “Medicine and Interfaith Literacy.” Common Knowledge Podcast. Interfaith Youth Core. 2014.