Dr. Yvonne Haddad is professor of the History of Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations at the Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding at Georgetown University. She became an affiliate of the Pluralism Project in 2004 with interest in furthering the study Muslim’s women’s religious education in the United States.
Selected Links and Publications
- Faculty webpage: Dr. Yvonne Y. Haddad
- Book: Muslim Women in America: The Challenge of Islamic Identity Today, Yvonne Haddad, Jane I. Smith, and Kathleen Moore (Oxford University Press), 2012.
- Book: Muslim Women in America, Gender, Islam, and Society, Yvonne Haddad, Jane I. Smith, and Kathleen Moore (Oxford University Press), 2006.
- Bibliography: Muslim Women in the West [.pdf]
- Report: “Duroos: Religious Lessons and Muslim Women,” [.pdf], Shereen Abdel-Nabi, research overseen by Dr. Yvonne Haddad